Suitcases and Traveling Bags
The first thing you need to consider when you plan to travel is to how to pack and get ready for the trip. When buying bags and travel bags, we have to take into consideration such as how long will you be traveling and to ensure all our necessary stuff is all packed up neat and nice.
Most of us will just go to the nearest mall and look for the best bargain without even considering other important stuff such as the weight of the suitcases, trolleys and the mobility of the wheels. It also depends on the mode of traveling wherever you will be flying from one destination to the other, driving from one place to the other, or there will be a lot of walking and hiking around.
The weight of the suitcases and travel bags really matters especially when airlines have tight baggage rules. Not all airlines have the same policies and they may change the policies anytime without notice. Normally, airlines allow from 50 to 70 pounds but airlines have increased restrictions and reduced travel bags allowance a lot and incur higher charges if you exceed the permitted weight.
However, the ones least affected are those traveling on business, executive, first class airframes and top frequent flyer programs who have opportunity to enjoy more flexibility with luggage allowances. Generally the rule for domestic flights are you can check 3 bags and carry none, or check one bag and carry-on two or check 2 bags and carry-on one. Take note that checked bags can not exceed 50 or 70 pounds depending on the airlines and the dimensions must not exceed 45 "x 55" x 62 "for the largest bag while the second largest travel bag can not have a dimension exceeds 55" and the third must Not exceed 45 "The carry on suitcases and travel bags must fit in an overhead compartment or fit under the seat and total weight of all carry-on bags can not exceed 40 pounds on some airlines. A typical sized woman's purse is not considered.
Choosing Suitcases and Travel Bags
- You have to find out the climate of the destination and also weather forecast for the period you will be staying. That will help you to decide what kind of clothing should mainly be in your travel bags.
- There are models designed come with trolleys, holder and wheels. Choose one that is made out of a resistant material and has an adjustable holder. The best is with various pockets on the sideways and comes with a label for the owner's name.
- Consider the size and the weight of the suitcase that has wheels which support the weight and work well, otherwise you will be trudging all the weight along if easily broken. Same goes for the handles, something durable and easy to grab and pull along.
- Ask for warranty period from the salesperson. Some suitcases and travel bags come with a lifetime warranty which make things much easier. The travel bags condition can be easily replaced if faced with broken handle, ripped zip or wheels.
- It is always better to be safe than sorry so always look for suitcases and travel bags that have safe locking mechanism. Valuables can be stolen at the airport, at lockers or even when you are busy enjoying yourself during the holiday.
- Choose suitcase that reflects your personality as it will last over a lot longer period than your ordinary handbags. Make sure it provides the right value for money and a brand that gives you the quality, style and prestige value associated with the brand name such as Samsonite, Briggs and Riley.