1. Gain new professional and marketable skills while working at your own pace. – Every year there is a noticeable shortage of qualified Tax professionals. All 4 of the major Tax service Franchises (H & R Block, Jackson Hewlett, Liberty Tax, and Instant Tax) set up tax classes to increase the possibility of having enough tax professionals to work in their Franchises. Unfortunately, having taught these basic tax classes, the student drop out rate is high. It is serious pressure to work a full time job, learn tax law/codes, go to school two nights a week, do your homework, and prepare for Thanksgiving in the middle of the Tax Class Schedule. Online Tax School could be a life saver, especially if you have children.
Learning in a Franchise Store’s tax classes will help you to pass the RTRP Exam. All tax preparers who are paid, must pass this Exam by December 31, 2013 in order to do taxes for a fee. This does NOT apply if you are working under a supervisor, manager or professional who take responsibility for all tax returns prepared by you. See the irs.gov site for details on these latest rules and regulations.
2. You can train for basic tax classes using one of the major Franchise Stores who do millions of tax returns for taxpayers. These classes usually start in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the year.
3. Or, you can use an Online or home study course provided to the State of California tax professionals to help you prepare for the RTRP Exam. Once you pass the Exam you will be qualified to work for one of the major Temporary Accounting Agencies, such as AccountTemp or Accountants, Inc or Robert Half, International or a CPA or a Major Bookkeeping Company or, yourself. Being able to take your time and learn at your own pace is extremely important when it can mean the difference of $10 per hour and $28 to $35.00 per hour
4. When you enroll in an Online Tax class, you don’t have to deal with class room dynamics, you just do your course work, take your test on line, email your teacher if you have a question and receive your certificate and follow through with your State’s requirements for Tax Professionals and of course register with IRS. No Problem, No fuss. All the information is provided in the class.
5. Find the right learning program for you. Determine if you learn from the right side or the left side of your brain, and enroll into training based on how you learn. Of course the Franchist Tax Store training is usually available once a year, and you only have to pay for your books.
6. Completion of the IRS’s new requirements, will enable you to start your own tax business. You can earn up to $50 per hour and in most cases much more when you go on to become an Enrolled Agent.
7. Online Tax Schools can be found by using keywords in the Search Engines. The same goes for finding good training courses to help you prepare for the RTRP Exam.
8. Tax School won’t make you rich, but it will give you options, a foundation for a new career and around $8,500 to $17,500 more income per year working part-time. The Big Boys, as I call them often pay their employees Bonus based upon the revenue after the Tax Season ends, plus they get a base hourly wage.
9. Enrolling and completing tax school will put you in the line up for what I call the “Half-Year Tax Professionals” They do taxes 5 or 6 months out of the year and spend the other half of the year traveling. How do I know? I meet them at the IRS Tax Professional Forum which is usually held in large cities such as Las Vegas! They adjust their travel schedules to accommodate and attend the IRS conventions; after all, you have to act like you work all year! This select group of people is the envy of all of the new tax professionals. However, you should know these Tax Professionals work hard and smart. They rarely loose a client, they send birthday cards to clients and gift certificates for special occasions and quarterly tax newsletters. They spend years building their client base while charging $150 to $200 (sometimes more) per tax return. They tend to stay out of their client’s personal lives and they live modestly while traveling to different parts of the world each year.
10. Once you learn the basic tax codes and how to prepare a tax return, then you will be ready to take the IRS’s RTRP Exam. This exam will increase your hourly earning ability and also enable you to work for yourself. It is a good idea to work for another Tax Service before starting out on your own, this will give you a solid foundation and will increase your confidence level.Top