WorldVentures is a privately-owned, travel-based network marketing company. The company started in December of 2005 and is based in Plano, Texas. In 2009, WorldVentures acquired Success University, another network marketing company selling online courses. Currently, WorldVentures is operating in 11 countries – USA, United Kingdom, South Africa, Cyprus and Israel (just to name a few). In this article, I will give you an objective and critical review of the WorldVentures Business Opportunity, briefly highlight their products and pay plan, and give you a few pros and cons that I see with their model. By the way, I want to disclose that I am NOT a WorldVentures rep.
First, Let’s Go Over Their Two Products
1. The first product they market is the Leisure Travel Consultant package, or LTC. Now, what is the LTC package? As a WorldVentures rep, you’re giving someone the chance to have their very own travel-booking-engine website. They can book their own travel on it, or they can get the word out to people they know to book their travel on their site. As travel gets booked on their website, they would earn a small commission.
2. The second product is their flagship product, the Dream Trips Membership. As a WorldVentures rep, you can sell memberships and make a small commission every time you sell a membership. What is exactly is the Dream Trips Membership? In a nutshell, customers are buying into a “travel club” that allows them to leverage the buying power of tens of thousands of other members, giving them the opportunity to travel at discounted, wholesale prices.
Now Let’s Jump Into How You Get Paid In WorldVentures
There are several ways to get paid in WorldVentures. Keep in mind, you have the ability to decide if you want to get paid a little… or a lot. It all depends on your efforts and your goals. Also, in this part of the article, I will explain the compensation plan only.
Here is the simplified explanation of the compensation plan:
1. Direct Commissions – You can earn $20 for every new sale you personally make. This can be a Dreamtrips membership sale, a Leisure Travel Consultant package sale or both (2-for-1 combo). You can make an unlimited amount of sales and therefore generate an unlimited amount of $20 commissions.
2. Personal Sales Bonus – On top of the direct commissions, you can also earn a Personal Sales Bonus for every 6 personal sales you make. You can earn this bonus as many times as you want. This Personal Sales Bonus consists of $250 in cash and $100 in Training Dollars. Training Dollars can be used for any training events you attend that the company puts on. Again, I want to emphasize that you can earn this bonus over and over again and this is on top of the Direct Commissions you would have also earned for the 6 sales that enabled you to get a Personal Sales Bonus.
3. Weekly Team Building Bonuses (Cycles) – With WorldVentures, you only have to build 2 teams: a right time and a left team. As you build these two teams out, sales will be made. Now, every time there 3 sales made on the left team and 3 sales made on the right team, a $100 cycle bonus gets paid to you. Keep in mind, these sales can be made by anyone on your team… In other words, when there are 3 sales made ANYWHERE in your left team and 3 sales made ANYWHERE in your right team, this bonus gets released. Here’s am important detail about Cycle Bonuses: the company pays out a $200 cycle bonus to you every time you cycle within your first 60 days. After your first 60 days, you can continue to earn this $200 cycle bonus as long as your are cycling at least 3 times a week.
4. Residual Income – For every 6th cycle, you will earn $20-$40 in passive, re-occurring residual income. Keep in mind that as you continue to cycle over time, this residual income will continue to grow. This is a very important aspect to think about if you want to become financially independent. What would it be like if your monthly residual income was equivalent to your monthly expenses? Over time, you can potentially have this happen and not have to worry about your monthly bills.
5. Travel Dollars – Like the residual income payout, for every 6th cycle, you’ll also earn $100 Travel Dollars. These “dollars” can be redeemed for travel booked through Rovia (air, car, hotel and cruise). This is an awesome feature as you can literally travel for free (since you’re simply redeeming your Travel Dollars when you travel) and anyone within your immediate family can redeem them.
6. Lifestyle Bonuses – As you promote yourself through the WorldVentures compensation plan, there are some very lucrative Lifestyle Bonuses you can earn. For example, once you hit the position of Regional Marketing Director, the company will give you a $1,000 a month Dream Car Bonus that you can use to make a monthly payment to the car of your choice. And once you hit the position of International Marketing Director, you’ll receive a $1,500 a month Dream Car Bonus and a $3,000 a month Dream House Bonus that you can apply to your house payment. This is a very lucrative feature because the average family’s two biggest expenses are the car payment and mortgage payment. These bonuses equate to over $50,000 a year… which is on top of your actually income from the compensation plan.
WorldVentures also has a recognition program and rewards people for their hard work. For example, once you earn $100,000 a year, WorldVentures rewards you with their $100,000 Ring (their version of the Superbowl ring). And lastly, you can qualify to get a position placed above your curent position upon hitting IMD in the company.
So as you can see, the compensation plan is pretty good and you can make a good income by simply helping people save money on travel and/or helping others get involved with the company. With that said, let me now go into 2 pros and 2 cons from my perspective.
First, The Pros:
1. Timing – WorldVentures is positioned in front of three booming trends: The $8 Trillion Travel Industry, The Baby Boomers and The Network Marketing Industry. On top of that, WorldVentures itself is very young and there is plenty of room to grow and expand.
2. Sizzle Product – As a rep, you’ll have the luxury of selling a product that almost everybody loves or wants to do – VACATION! It’s easy, fun and exciting to talk about. And if you can help people save money on their vacations or help people make money on their own travel, it’s a win-win situation.
And Now The Cons:
1. Breakage In Compensation Model (Binary) – There are several features in the Comp Plan that are designed to NOT pay you what you’re worth or deserve. For example, the pay plan runs on a Binary model which pays you on two legs. In ANY Binary, there is a strong leg (power leg) and a weaker leg (pay leg). Think about this for a second. Let’s say you know a guy that you recruit into your business. Now, let’s say he becomes the company superstar and explodes his business by building a team of THOUSANDS of reps. Chance are he is in your strong leg (power leg). Well, you get paid squat on him and his team. But wait! Wasn’t it YOU who contacted and recruited him? Wasn’t it YOU who helped him build his team in the early stages? Doesn’t the company STILL bring in THOUSANDS of dollars of revenue monthly on that team that you built? Why won’t they pay YOU on all that revenue that your superstar is responsible for? Because he is in your strong leg (power leg). This is CRITICAL if you’re considering the WorldVentures Opportunity. At some point, you won’t get paid on your BEST people (assuming they are in your power leg).
(By the way, this doesn’t mean ALL binaries are bad. There are some companies that run on a binary model but have components in their comp plan that enable you to profit from BOTH legs.)
2. Breakage In The WorldVentures Compensation Plan – WorldVentures also has a ton of breakage in it’s comp plan. For example, a MAJOR area where there’s breakage in the comp plan is the fact that you don’t qualify to get paid residuals until you’re a Director (which means you have a minimum of 90 active reps on both your right and left legs. Well, I guarantee you there are hundreds upon hundreds of reps that are not Directors but have built decent teams who don’t get paid residuals (but yet the company still brings in that monthly revenue).
Should You Join?
WorldVentures is a legitimate business opportunity. However, it’s critical that you do your research first and identify if it’s the opportunity you’re looking for. For example, if you’re interested in getting in on the front end of a young company and ride the momentum that can potentially occur when the company hits momentum, then WorldVentures may be for you. But if you’re interested in building residuals DAY ONE and getting paid equally on your WHOLE team, then WorldVentures may not be for you.Top